Friday, October 28, 2011

Shrimp & Grits

What to do for dinner when you haven't been to the grocery store this week?!  What I came up with was a quick and easy shrimp & cheese grits!


Make 1 serving of quick cooking grits (be sure to salt your water generously when cooking or you will never be able to salt the grits enough when they are done!).  When they are done, stir in a pat of butter, some shredded cheddar cheese and a little parmesan.

I sauted chopped onion in a frying pan, added some chopped green peppers, salt & pepper, garlic powder and oregano.  Cook until soft.  Add a little tomato sauce and I used defrosted frozen shrimp.  Cook until shrimp are done.

Serve over grits and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog! If you do not have a blogger account, twitter, etc. select comment as: anonymous. Please be sure to tell me who you are when you comment!