Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Comfort food at it's best...

Well, I finally chiseled most of the ice off my car so I could make a market run to pickup cat food and a few other items.  Very excited to find the Chiobani yogurts 10/$10 and happy to try the new mango flavor and black cherry as well.  While shopping I decided the most comforting meal tonight would be a nice bowl of hot soup.

After a quick stop to my mom's for a few slices of homemade bread, I got started on my white cheddar and broccoli soup.  It was a great meal and will make for an even better lunch at work tomorrow when I am finally among other people!  Working from home is only fun for a short time.  Hopefully the snow will hold off for a while. 

Mom's delicious homemade white bread.  Even better toasted and slathered with a good helping of butter.  Maybe honey butter will be the topper for breakfast tomorrow :)

White Cheddar Broccoli Soup


Meet Murray, one of my 2 starving kitties I ventured out in the ice to get food for!  He's so cute, he just hung out in the kitchen while I made my soup.  He never eats people food, but loves to be around when you're cooking it!

Murray!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog! If you do not have a blogger account, twitter, etc. select comment as: anonymous. Please be sure to tell me who you are when you comment!