Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow, snow and MORE snow!

I have been so busy shoveling and de-icing, that I haven't had a chance to try any new recipes or post any pics!

Regarding the fruit & nut oatmeal:
I tried this recipe out again, but made a few minor changes and I think I like it even better.  Instead of the dried cherries, I added a 1/2 cup of homemade applesauce and when I added the nuts and brown sugar at the end, I sprinkle a little unsweetened coconut across the top.  Very good and I think the applesauce gave the oatmeal a softer texture when reheating.

This is a great recipe because you can easily get 4 breakfasts out of the recipe and you have nearly a full work week of to-go breakfasts made in about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog! If you do not have a blogger account, twitter, etc. select comment as: anonymous. Please be sure to tell me who you are when you comment!