Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Weekend in Madison, CT...

I had a great weekend, thanks to my honey, at the Scranton Seahorse Inn in Madison, CT.  This weekend was a great way to celebrate my birthday and was more than I could have ever hoped for.  

The inn was beautiful, comfortable and relaxing. The Innkeeper, Michael Hafford was a gracious and welcoming host.  Michael was a former pastry chef at Zinc in New Haven.  Breakfast both mornings was amazing!  Our first day started off with a wonderful homemade yogurt and granola parfait, followed by waffles and the crispiest bacon cooked to perfection.  The second morning, we had a delicious frittata made with fiddle heads, something I've seen, but never tried.  They taste very similar to asparagus.  If you're interested in fiddle heads, here you go...



We took a quick drive after our waffle breakfast, and then, I was whisked away for an hour long massage, which was just what the doctor ordered.  My afternoon was filled with antiquing, shopping in a gourmet shop and bakery, lunch and a trip to the beach. 

The inn had so many things to offer.  Aside from the welcoming hosts, there were great books, including cookbooks to read, DVDs you could borrow while relaxing in your room and a coffee bar with fresh baked cookies available at all times.  Though I was tempted many times to open that cookie jar, I allowed myself one treat on Saturday afternoon...a cup of hot coffee and a delicious freshly baked cookie!  

I wish I had one of those cookies now ;)  Luckily Michael provides some recipes on his website and now, I have that very recipe for the Molasses Sugar Cookies.  I'm sure you will see them posted very soon!

Please check out this inn, whether you live in the area or not, it is definitely worth a trip!

http://scrantonseahorseinn.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog! If you do not have a blogger account, twitter, etc. select comment as: anonymous. Please be sure to tell me who you are when you comment!