Monday, March 21, 2011

Veggie Quiche

Veggie quiche for my co-workers this morning.  It was nice having a warm piece of quiche at work after getting in the car to drizzle, rain and then....SNOW!!!!! This spring is not off to the best start, hopefully this is the last of the wet stuff. 

A little brown, but not bad for last minute before work!
My Vintage Pie Carrier!  This comes in so handy for pies, quiche or even cookies/brownies!
Ingredients:

  • 1 unbaked pie crust (I used Pillsbury refrigerated crusts)
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 ½ cups milk and/or heavy cream (I used 1 cup whole milk and ½ cup heavy cream)
  • Salt & pepper
  • Dried oregano (to taste)
  • 1-1 ½ cups filling of choice (meats, veggies, etc. –
    • I cooked my veggies in a small frying pan with a little oil and salt & pepper just until a little soft.  This is really important if you’re using veggies that will release a lot of water when cooked, such as mushrooms, spinach or peppers.
  • 1/2 -3/4 shredded cheese of choice

Directions:

  • Place pie crust in pie plate. 
  • Place filling directly on pie crust. 
  • Mix eggs, milk/cream, salt & pepper and oregano. 
  • Pour on top of filling. 
  • Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. 
  • Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until eggs are set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog! If you do not have a blogger account, twitter, etc. select comment as: anonymous. Please be sure to tell me who you are when you comment!