Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chocolate Caramel Cake

I decided to make a layer cake for dessert at my Mom's Sunday dinner.  Using the chocolate cake and caramel butter cream recipes from my cookie dough cupcakes, I made a yummy layer cake.

Make batter as instructed, but pour into 2 greased 8-inch round pans.  Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Make frosting and frost inside and outside of both layers.  If I had more time, I should have split each layer and made a 4 layer cake, but I would have needed an extra 1/2 recipe of caramel butter cream to do that.

Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top of the frosted cake.  Enjoy!




One of my many vintage cake carriers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog! If you do not have a blogger account, twitter, etc. select comment as: anonymous. Please be sure to tell me who you are when you comment!